PDA

View Full Version : Host Sweeps

ChristinaB
2005-03-11, 12:58 AM
Our firm does residential design and we often times put crown molding on our upper cabinet. I tried creating an upper cabinet family which contained crown molding, but ran into problems when cabinets came together in corners or were the end cabinets. I decided to try just using a sweep in the model to show the crown, but there is not a sweep that will attach to cabinets. Now....finally to my question.....Is there a way to create a host sweep specifically for my cabinets? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Scott D Davis
2005-03-11, 01:05 AM
You could use a wall hosted sweep, but just have the profile offset off the wall the distance of the cabinets. (assuming the cabinets are all wall hosted!)

Here's an example: (The molding at the cabinet ends returns back to the wall by using the 'change returns' tool in the options bar when the sweep is selected.)

christopher.zoog51272
2005-03-11, 01:55 AM
I would tackle this with an "in place" sweep, in the casework category.

ChristinaB
2005-03-11, 03:51 PM
The wall sweep w/ the offset works ok accept where there is an angled cabinet in a square corner. I guess I could fake in an angled wall. Thanks

Scott D Davis
2005-03-11, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I would use an in place sweep for the case that you talk about, where you have an angled cabinet. Pick the top of the cabinets as the sweep path.