PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Finding CAD Imports

kathey1
2014-12-09, 08:56 AM
Is there a quick way to find an imported CAD drawing in your revit model? I Have imported about 50 CAD drawings in my model but I need to find which sheet I have put this certain CAD import to but I cant find it.

tedg
2014-12-09, 01:51 PM
Is there a quick way to find an imported CAD drawing in your revit model? I Have imported about 50 CAD drawings in my model but I need to find which sheet I have put this certain CAD import to but I cant find it.
I don't know of a "quick" way, but if you know what view (assume drafting view) it's on, you can find out what sheet it's on.

kathey1
2014-12-09, 03:10 PM
No I don't even know what view its on, I just know that is somewhere in the model but im not sure what view. Is there anyway of finding it ?

cdatechguy
2014-12-09, 04:17 PM
Ideate Explorer is the only way I know to find them quickly....but of course you have to purchase it. If you are importing a lot of dwg's against modeling suggestions (Link, not import) then that would be a wise purchase.

tedg
2014-12-09, 04:35 PM
Yea, Link (not import) that's what I meant too.
I link typical AutoCAD details into drafting views (until I can get them re-created in Revit).

a_meteni
2014-12-09, 07:19 PM
I totally agree with (Link, not import) but how can we find the related sheet?
What i mean is like the "Located in..." button when we manage DWF Markups.

tedg
2014-12-09, 07:50 PM
I totally agree with (Link, not import) but how can we find the related sheet?
What i mean is like the "Located in..." button when we manage DWF Markups.

I don't know (other than my solution, which means you need to know what view name it's in).
I'm not sure if someone else has a suggestion but I'll keep looking.