PDA

View Full Version : 2015 automatic calculation of cut/fill volume for isolated footings or any structural mmber when put into topo.

ellipsebd685532
2014-12-13, 09:25 PM
hi all,
my question is if automatic calculation of cut/fill volume for isolated footings in revit is possible? In reality we need to cut a specific vol of soil to place any isolated footing and after placing we need to refill it's surrounding with soil below the plinth. It is about the same place cut n fill problem.I mean if i place any element like footings,columns into the topography volume,does revit is able to calculate the cut/fill volume of soil automatically like water is removed (the same amount of object's vol and after placing water refilled around it) when we place any object into the water ? If not i will ask revit programmers to create such more parametric algorithms! I feel it is possible as when building pad is placed it gives us the cut/fill reports and also when objects in revit can sense the duplicates if placed on them and warns us....I think if void forms could be automatically generated around any object (when put into topo) according their shapes,the void volume will be the cut vol and subtracting the volume of the element itself from the void vol the fill vol around that object could be reported automatically.

Thanks n looking for the know-how.