PDA

View Full Version : 2015 BIM object in adaptive component?

kerber.g685733
2014-12-15, 12:07 PM
Hi forum! I am trying to nest a BIM object, a window, in an adaptive component. Is this possible? I manage to insert the object. And I can align it to the plane of an adaptive point and lock it. However when I flex the adaptive point it says either the constraint is not satisfied or that it cant rotate the element into this position. any ideas would be helpful Thanks

Alfredo Medina
2014-12-17, 09:54 PM
I have been reading your thread in RFO (sorry I have not participated... too busy). What you want to do is possible, but it is probably not described properly. Usually, windows stay installed in a wall without rotating. Maybe the blinds of a louver can rotate, or a separate shading device can rotate, or a solar panel can rotate, but when you use the word "window" we think of something that stays put with its frame inside a wall. Maybe some parts of the window rotate, but not the whole window with its frame.

Anyway, yes, you can nest a generic family of the window category, host it on points along a spline, and make them rotate, yes. Now, how does that work in a project, that's not clear in your question.