PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Labels and Text

thomascathybell
2014-12-28, 02:01 PM
I am using Revit 2015. Is there a way to create a library of different size texts and labels. It seems that they are specific to a specific label or project.

As an example of what I am asking, I did the following with out of the box 2015:
1) Create a sample project using the Architectural Template.
2) On Level 1, made a single room 20' x 15'.
3) Added a text annotation. The default text sizes available were 3/32" and 1/4". I duplicated the 1/4" and made a new 1/8" size.
4) I added a Room with a Room Tag.
5) I added a Space with a Space Tag that I loaded into the project from the default library.
6) I opened the Room Tag for editing and added a Test Note. The only default text size available was 1/4". THE 1/8" SIZE THAT I MADE IN #3 ABOVE DID NOT APPEAR.
7) I selected the Room Name and selected "Edit Type".
8) In properties, the default Labels were 1/8" and Bold 1/8". I duplicated the 1/8" and made a new 3/32" size.
9) I saved this Room Tag as a new Family and Loaded it into the project.
10) I opened the Space Tag for editing
11) I selected the Space Name and selected "Edit Type".
12) In properties, the default Labels were 1/8" and Bold 1/8". THE 3/32" SIZE THAT I MADE IN #8 ABOVE DID NOT APPEAR.

Is it the case that I would have to recreate all of my text and label sizes in each individual Project and each individual Family, or am I missing something?

Steve_Stafford
2014-12-29, 02:21 AM
The key is in the first item of your list, you create a template that contains all of your standards and customized settings. Then each new projects starts with your template.

dkoch
2014-12-29, 02:59 AM
In addition to what Steve said, keep in mind that text and labels do not use the same "styles," so if you want to have text and labels with the same characteristics, you will need to create similar types for each. The Space Tag and Room Tag families are also separate families, and will not automatically inherit the text or label types present in the project file from which you edit them. Once you add the desired text and label types, if you save the tag file(s) to an external RFA file, you can transfer the types to other tag families.