PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Masking Regions in Families and Color Schemes

dfi
2015-01-05, 02:53 PM
I have encountered some strange performance of masking regions in families. We have a set of families we use in early phases to that are just 2d elements in furniture and plumbing familes to depict objects at a very preliminary level. They pretty much act as symbols until we know more about the objects. They are shown in the families as masking regions and sometimes symbolic lines if a little more information is needed. They are really minimalistic. When these objects are shown in plans with color schemes active sometimes they show up white as they should and other times they don't. I cannot understand when why they behave in this way it seems to be totally random. I have tries the following:

-- Add a reference plane above the Reference Level and place them there so I am certain that they are above the floor.
-- Placed these familes with a positive offset in the project.
-- Mirrored after placement.
-- Verified that the show in foreground in the family is checked.
-- Verified that the color scheme is set to show in background.
-- Tried the families both inside and outside of groups.
-- Checked the visibility of the filled regions at all details level.
-- Rebuilt the family.

After all this is is still working randomly. Has anyone else experinced this?

jsteinhauer
2015-01-05, 07:09 PM
Do you have any view filters controlling these views? Has someone gone in and edited the visibility controls of these element or the categories?

Cheers,
Jeff S.

dfi
2015-01-07, 07:46 AM
I have checked that there are no filters or categories that are turned off. They are also all on the same workset. It is just odd that two of the same object that are next to each other in the model will graphically show differently in views.