PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Lighting problem

harkeychad
2015-01-05, 09:51 PM
I got this file from the manufacturer and the ies file. I am having a problem making it work. I could not attach the ies file here but even with working with the actual light I was having problems. Can someone take a look at it and see if you have any problems rendering with it? I have used many lighting families and I am stuck on this one. thanks.

jsteinhauer
2015-01-06, 03:22 PM
I guess I don't understand what issues you're having with the light fixture besides the Photometric Web. To apply the IES file, open the family, go to the Family Types, and scroll down to Photometrics, then select the second parameter "Photometric Web File" which is currently set to generic. Browse to the correct IES file, and you should be in business. If there are additional issues, please list them so we can better address them.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

harkeychad
2015-01-06, 06:50 PM
I placed this in my project and tried to render a night scene to see if the light would not hit a building on the back of our site. It does not work with the ies file. I can use the standard ways for a light but we wanted to see how the light actually renders. I have tried everything I can think of. I am at a loss. that is why I wanted to see if someone could use it and see if it works for them.

harkeychad
2015-01-07, 05:50 PM
Here is what was rendered and what I am talking about. I even tried to call the manuf. and that was a run around. The light is the little dot above the pole. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Anyone want to try the light out and see if it does the same thing?