PDA

View Full Version : 2015 HELP! Points don't align with lines in linked CAD survey

sqlar
2015-01-21, 06:29 PM
I'm linking a survey into my revit project and the elevation points show up in a completely different location from all other linework in the survey. Everything is aligned properly in Autocad. When linking the file I have the units set to the units of the autocad file and the automatically correct lines checkbox unchecked. I've also tried with the 'this view only' box checked AND unchecked and its the same for both. This is driving me crazy because it means I can't accurately define elevations of my topography. I've attached a screenshot of my revit view showing the disparity.

david_peterson
2015-01-21, 06:52 PM
2 things to check.
Where is the cad origin in relationship to the line work.
0,0,0 of the cad file should be somewhere need the survey, not 100's of miles away.
also what's the distance at the furthest point across the survey.
There's a limit at which Revit will start to not like the cad link if it gets to far across.
Hope this helps.

sqlar
2015-01-21, 10:04 PM
The origin is not far away and I moved it to the center of the drawing just to make sure, still no difference. The survey is for a single family home so the extents are not large, about 500' across. Units are in feet so the units are not large. In the end I exploded all the blocks (ie, all the "points" became p-line crosses) and the points now line up correctly. Doesn't seem like an ideal solution however.