PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Linked CAD - background / foreground

paudy86
2015-01-23, 04:26 PM
Hi,

I have a question about how to get linked CAD files to show correctly. When I am setting up a site plan, I would like the existing survey CAD file to display greyed out in the background. So I link the file to current view, set the object styles etc but when I select background it disappears behind the topography. When I set it to foreground, some of the grey line work hides my sub-regions and other model elements. The view needs to be set to Hidden Line in order for the rest of the model to display correctly so wire frame is not an option.

How do other people handle this? Is there away to make the topography behave like wireframe so I can "see through" it to the survey info?

Thanks in advance
P

CAtDiva
2015-01-23, 04:38 PM
Hi,

I have a question about how to get linked CAD files to show correctly. When I am setting up a site plan, I would like the existing survey CAD file to display greyed out in the background. So I link the file to current view, set the object styles etc but when I select background it disappears behind the topography. When I set it to foreground, some of the grey line work hides my sub-regions and other model elements. The view needs to be set to Hidden Line in order for the rest of the model to display correctly so wire frame is not an option.

How do other people handle this? Is there away to make the topography behave like wireframe so I can "see through" it to the survey info?

Thanks in advance
P

This may depend on the purpose of the topography object. For a site plan, I often just hide that category, but you can set the topography visibility to "transparent" (via object styles, override or filter) if it serves a particular purpose in your view.

paudy86
2015-01-23, 05:52 PM
Perfect thanks. This is what I was misiing.