PDA

View Full Version : 2015 export wysiwyg

timd417129
2015-02-03, 10:41 AM
is there a way (or script available) whereby we can export from revit to dwg or dgn and get the same in autocad or microstation as we see on the screen in revit? is that too much to ask?

tedg
2015-02-05, 05:01 PM
I would imagine you could set that up within the "Export Setup" to replicate how you're seeing in on the screen.
I don't know for sure, but if you were to map to a known standard with colors and line weights assigned to layers, it should work.

dkoch
2015-02-05, 06:10 PM
is there a way (or script available) whereby we can export from revit to dwg or dgn and get the same in autocad or microstation as we see on the screen in revit? is that too much to ask?

If you are already using a customized Export Setup and not getting what you want, you may find my response to this thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?144621-Revit-Export-Setup&p=1287088&viewfull=1#post1287088) of interest. Definitely NOT a full solution as downloaded (unless you use the Austrian CAD standard for which it was developed), but it may be worth a look if you are willing to spend some time customizing it. (Being fluent in German would also be a plus.)

DaveP
2015-02-05, 08:01 PM
We export to DWG all the time. Works fine.
The DWGs tend to be ****** AutoCAD files, but they LOOK fine.
That's all the DWG Export is intended to do - give you the same graphics you'd get in Revit.
It doesn't do it by itself OOTB, though. You have to put some effort into it. Everyone's office standards are different and you can't expect Revit to be customized to the

MikeJarosz
2015-02-19, 09:41 PM
Don't promise your Acad users too much. From an Acad viewpoint, the dwg file will be terrible. Not something you would want to work with every day. Mostly, exports are for backgrounds to consultants, or to print documentation. It is not intended to convert a Revit project into an Acad project.