PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Fatal Error while saving, synchronising, running an Audit, and detaching from Central

kevins692092
2015-02-11, 04:06 PM
Hi there,

I am looking for some help.

One of our work-shared projects has suddenly started to crash with the Revit Fatal Error warning that prompts the recovery. No matter what I do the error keeps coming up. I've tried detaching, saving, and auditing, as well as running a roll back. The fatal error occurs even if i switch to different PC's. We're running Revit 2015 on 64bit PC's with 16G Ram, so I don't think its a hardware issue. .

The only bit of luck that I have had is that I managed to detach the file and save it as a normal local by disregarding and not preserving the worksets. The downfall with this is that the minute I try to create a central file with worksets inorder top save a central file the model crashes. Furthermore I cant even run an Audit on the new saved local file.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

rosskirby
2015-02-11, 04:29 PM
Sounds like you've got some bad data in there somewhere. Go back to when the errors first started happening, and see if anyone on the team added any new families to the project around that time, or if they substantially modified any of the ones that were already there. Ditto for any linked files that may be associated with the file.

If it's still having issues, and you haven't found the culprit, you may need to file an official support request with Autodesk.

david_peterson
2015-02-11, 05:52 PM
Did you add any jpegs or PNG files? I've found those tend to get you an auto crash from time to time.
One other thing I've heard was to remove all existing temp and back-up revit files from your local drive.
have you tried to do a detach with audit?
Was this an upgraded file or native to 2015?
Have you thought about trying to do a project roll back? Be careful cause you really only get one shot at that.

lucianogorosito
2016-03-15, 06:14 AM
My little contribution:

http://venadorevit.blogspot.com.ar/2016/03/error-fatal-revit-y-sus-modelos.html

Sorry about the lenguage.

MikeJarosz
2016-03-15, 05:51 PM
Check to make sure everyone working on the project has the same exact build. That includes linked in consultants. This can sometimes be hard to arrange, especially with consultants.

meng005
2016-03-15, 10:08 PM
Did you also re-create the model?
Open detached, audit, editable worksets > File Save As...