PDA

View Full Version : Screen Capture

Rick.B
2005-03-12, 04:15 AM
Is anyone using screen capture software to help enhance their in-house training? If so what kinds?

Steve_Bennett
2005-03-12, 04:50 AM
SnagIt worked great at the last place is was at. SnagIT (http://www.softwarecasa.com/pprod/212401xdd.htm)

Rick.B
2005-03-12, 05:00 AM
TechSmith right? What format does SnagIT generate movie files? AVI compatible with any media player or do you need special codex to play back the video?

mikepartenheimer
2005-03-12, 03:11 PM
Rick,
SnagIT does generate AVI files.

LanceMcHatton
2005-03-15, 12:36 AM
We also use SnagIt. It's pretty cool. The only thing I don't like about it is that when you capture a picture, modify it with clouds, arrows, annotation, etc., it just turns the whole thing into a jpg. What that means is if you need to change some annotation you previously saved, you really can't.

We just use it to grab pictures, not to create actual training documents.

Lance

jaberwok
2005-03-15, 02:18 PM
Hi.
You can add annotations to jpeg files using Windows/Kodak/Xerox Imaging (all the same programme, different sponsors depending on Windows version).

J. Grouchy
2005-03-15, 03:20 PM
I'm old fashioned, I suppose...I still use the Print Screen key and paste it into Photoshop to crop it and/or add text and graphics.

cparvez
2005-03-17, 01:42 PM
I guess I'm in the old fashion boat as well, but it seems to work fine.

Rick.B
2005-03-17, 05:16 PM
I'm looking more toward avi files for training videos with audio. SnagIT looks very useful for this and at the price I may buy it for the house.

Thanks to everyone for the input! :-P

xgaspa
2005-03-23, 10:33 PM
For movie files, I used TechSmith Camtasia that make AVI file but also video on Flash format. I used also Viewlet from Qarbon.com and I founded it pretty good.
Claudio Gasparini
Corsi in Rete - Milano - IT

s19odin52
2005-03-24, 09:37 PM
For screen captures of dialog boxes, buttons, toolbars etc. you can't beat Hypersnap. And it is very inexpensive.

RobertB
2005-03-25, 04:15 PM
We also use SnagIt. It's pretty cool. The only thing I don't like about it is that when you capture a picture, modify it with clouds, arrows, annotation, etc., it just turns the whole thing into a jpg. What that means is if you need to change some annotation you previously saved, you really can't.

We just use it to grab pictures, not to create actual training documents.

Lance,

True, SnagIt doesn't have layers, but you can load a graphic file and add annotation at a later point. When I create training docs I always snag a pristine image (I prefer .png files myself), save that as a read-only file, and then use SnagIt's editor to annotate and save to another file.