PDA

View Full Version : Wood truss

Wagurto
2005-03-13, 03:20 PM
I download one of the parametrict wood truss from the revit city and augi website.
The problem is that I don't know how to place it in my section. It is not a detail componet so i can not drag it in ma section view. I don't know where is family goes after I load into my model. Please help.

Joef
2005-03-13, 03:51 PM
I think if you go to the modeling tab then to component it should appear there. Failing that, if you locate it in your browser you can drag it onto your plan.

Haden
2005-03-13, 04:21 PM
I don't know where is family goes after I load into my model. Please help.
When I first tried to place trusses in plan, I sometimes had trouble moving them after I first inserted them, but that was before I had discovered the need to uncheck the "constrain" box when moving an object.

Wagurto
2005-03-13, 05:38 PM
Thanks for your answers but I still can't located this truss. Modeling tab does not have a component option. I can't find it in the browser either. I am trying to place the truss in the section view not in plan. If you guys have some other ideas I would really appreciate.
thanks

Joef
2005-03-13, 07:35 PM
If your modeling tab does not have a component selection (its between column and roof) then there is something wrong with your Revit. If you want to place it in a section you need to create a detail component. If you want to SEE it in a section you can place it in a plan and cut a section. If you have loaded it and can't find it, open the truss and find out what family category it is (probably structural framing) and look in your browser under that section.