PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Continuous railings

MikeJarosz
2015-02-20, 09:29 PM
I've not done railings in a while. I am creating an exit stair in a 3 story police station. I have the top (guard) rail in place at 42" and the handrail at 34". I am trying to use handrail 2 as the bottom rail, but I can't get it to line up with the balusters. There is a property called lateral offset that looks like it controls the placement of handrail 2, but it it grayed out and I cannot find a way to access it.

Any ideas?

jsnyder.68308
2015-02-20, 11:03 PM
In your project browser, look in the Railings category under Handrail Types. If you edit the Handrail Type specified in the overall railing type properties you will find the lateral offset parameter available for editing.

PijPiwo
2015-02-21, 12:29 AM
The lateral offset is a reporting parameter only. It reports the distance from center to center of the rails. To change the offset, go to the handrail family in your project browser, dbl click to access its properties and change the hand clearance parameter which is the distance from the center of the main rail to the handrail. The same with the height, sort of.

MikeJarosz
2015-02-27, 03:15 PM
That did it. Problem with this file is that it was mostly done in 2011 before continuous railings were invented by Revit. It has been upgraded to 2015, but that doesn't automatically make them continuous. I had to find that out for myself. Furthermore, the stairwell wasn't long enough to allow the railings to join smoothly. I added 3" to the landings and everything fell into place.

dziękuję!

PijPiwo
2015-02-27, 03:33 PM
dziękuję!
Nie ma za co :)
Cheers! :beer: