PDA

View Full Version : Isolate One Object

Jarod
2005-03-13, 07:49 PM
I want to isolate the brick floor under the deck so it does not plot. The hot tub and lower concrete floor is on the same lower level but I do want them to print. If I turn off floor in the view properties than I lose all of the floors. How do I just get the brick floor not to show?

Joef
2005-03-13, 08:07 PM
It looks like you are using the lower level as an underlay. You can't isolate the floor, but you could use the linework tool and trace the objects that you want to appear, then turn off the underlay. Somebody is bound to tell you to use worksets, but I wouldn't.

Jarod
2005-03-13, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the help, it is kind of lame that you can't isolate something for plotting when it is a underlay. I don't see how doing Worksets would help with this situation.

At least I can stop :banghead: now...Thanks Again...

aaronrumple
2005-03-13, 08:21 PM
Don't use an undelay. What you need to do is set your view range correctly. Set the distance below to level below (or unlimited.) The deck will hide the brick then.

Jarod
2005-03-13, 08:29 PM
Holy Carp! I swear I tried this before I posted but guess what, it's working now...Thanks Again for everyones help. :beer: