PDA

View Full Version : Very ANNOYING display problem!

bowlingbrad
2005-03-13, 10:07 PM
I have a flat roof with trusses on top of it and an additional thin roof on top of the trusses. The monitor is displaying the trusses through the thin roof. This is not the case, the trusses are underneath the roof! If I print, everything is fine. This is just really annoying. :banghead:

If I zoom out, I see all of the trusses through the roof. If I zoom in, the display progressively removes the trusses from view. :screwy:

Below are files of what I'm talking about:

Joef
2005-03-13, 10:33 PM
I have noticed this problem for some time but haven't worried too much about it because everything looks OK when I print the sheets.
It would be great if someone from the development team for Revit who knows how these things work would comment on this. I have been told "it's a display problem" .

bowlingbrad
2005-03-13, 10:38 PM
Thanks Joef,

I'm so glad when it's not just me :neutral:

I'm going to contact our friends at The Factory tomorrow.

beegee
2005-03-14, 12:23 AM
I've seen it happen when you are zoomed way out on a roof view with a thin sheet roof.

I also have not worried much about it, since it disappears at working scales and doesn't print that way anyway.

Some explanation would be nice though.

Wes Macaulay
2005-03-14, 04:30 AM
My guess is that this is related to OpenGL's inaccuracy at certain scales. The programmers would have to confirm, but I don't think it's something they can fix.

bowlingbrad
2005-03-14, 01:07 PM
I don't think it's something they can fix.

I hope that is not the case!