PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Layered panelling built into wall type?

william.andrew.clark693797
2015-02-27, 06:56 PM
How do I create a wall type that will allow me to apply overlapping layers of paneling. if you could imagine a wall that has a gyp. bd. layer and then on top of the gyp board layer has stained wood panels with horizontal 1" gaps in between each panel exposing the gyp. bd. The structure i'm actually looking to make is a bit more complicated but I think this is the fundamental issue that is holding me up. You can see an old shop drawing below that is along the same lines. Thanks for any tips.
http://forums.augi.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=99144&stc=1

Brian Myers
2015-03-01, 03:51 AM
It won't be easy, but you may be able to do this with a curtain wall or worst case, 2 curtain walls against each other. It would just take a creative use of curtain wall panels.

Dimitri Harvalias
2015-03-01, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the forums.
I'd look at either integral reveals/sweeps in a wall type or line based families applied over the base wall. Depends what you need from the model (accurate quantities, visualization, CD's etc)

MikeJarosz
2015-03-02, 02:14 PM
This one is interesting because I've done a number of courthouses. Courtrooms tend to have lots of wood panelling, and lots of wall mounted lighting. None of the wood panelling solutions I've come up with will properly host a wall-hosted light fixture. They always dig into the gyp underneath and look terrible. Unfortunately, the lighting families are decorative and complicated to construct, so I leave it to the manufacturer, who always seems to favor wall-based instead of generic face-based. Same for the drinking fountains in the public corridor.