PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Linked .DWG's in Revit 2015 are unusable (?)

nambrosino163309
2015-03-06, 08:01 PM
Anyone else have problems with linked/inserted CAD files looking like **** once you get them into Revit?

The lines keep moving around as you zoom in and out and they are very scribbly. The two lines on Column Line C in the screen shot are "aligned" yet you can see a clear gap between them. Can't use them as a background at all. The circled wall on A line is supposed to be straight.

http://forums.augi.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=99185&stc=1

Steve_Stafford
2015-03-07, 01:06 AM
Did you get a warning about the file having elements greater than 20 miles apart? That looks like the graphic issues associated with files that have elements very far from the origin.

kyle.bernhardt
2015-03-12, 01:33 AM
Did you get a warning about the file having elements greater than 20 miles apart? That looks like the graphic issues associated with files that have elements very far from the origin.

This is highly likely to be the case. Sounds like floating point calculation errors.

-Kyle

SuperDave
2015-03-14, 08:35 PM
I have also experienced this recently. I was provided DWG files that were created from ArchiCAD which were originally 30 miles away from origin. However, even after I manipulated the CAD file to relocate the line work to zero-zero, I was still having issues when zooming within Revit. I then discovered that if I completely exploded all of the Blocks within the DWG file, that this behavior went away. These are the kinds of DWG files that when you open them up in AutoCAD, you get a message that says "This file was not created by an Autodesk Product". Hope this helps - Dave