PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Key Plan Diagram - Best Method

Limbatus
2015-03-12, 12:20 AM
Hello,
I've got a complicated building that I'm working on and I want to add Key Plan Diagrams to each of my Enlarged Plan Sheets. I built my diagram as a generic annotation which is working well, but I cannot indicated specific areas using filled regions. Any good way to do this? I thought about putting my annotation family on a legend, but I would still need multiple legends for different 'match-line' portions of the building on different sheets. Any other suggestions? Whats the best way to accomplish this. I know that I can create individual views for each key plan.... but i'm trying to avoid that. It seems like a management issue if the building design changes.

CAtDiva
2015-03-12, 12:57 AM
Can you clarify what you mean by not being able to use filled regions? With filled regions in the generic annotation, I assign visibility parameters to each region, and then turn them off or on individual instances of the generic annotation to show what area of the building is shown on a given sheet.

dkoch
2015-03-12, 02:33 AM
This is the way that I do it, with a nested generic annotation family in the title block family, along with visibility parameters for the fills:
http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2011/10/revit-key-plans-more-detail.html

Limbatus
2015-03-12, 06:44 PM
I would like 1 Annotation family that I can drop on each sheet. I would like to then draft on top of that the region of interest. I can do it with a bold poly line, but it would be nice to fill it with a hatch. I'm aware I could format this in the family and set some visibility parameters, but I'd prefer just to sketch a hatch on top within the project because i'm unsure which regions will be required for each enlarged plan. I am comfortable editing families, but my other staff is not.

PS. Augi sucks at attachments. Why can't I drag and drop pictures, and why is the attachment manager so stubborn. end rant.

http://i60.tinypic.com/144709x.jpg

MikeJarosz
2015-03-12, 09:33 PM
I would add a visibility parameter to the actual plan too. This way, you can turn off the whole key when you have elevation, section or detail sheets that don't need a key plan. This way one titleblock will work for the whole set.

dkoch
2015-03-15, 01:33 AM
I would like 1 Annotation family that I can drop on each sheet. I would like to then draft on top of that the region of interest. I can do it with a bold poly line, but it would be nice to fill it with a hatch. I'm aware I could format this in the family and set some visibility parameters, but I'd prefer just to sketch a hatch on top within the project because i'm unsure which regions will be required for each enlarged plan. I am comfortable editing families, but my other staff is not.

Here is something I learned recently: You can create a filled region in a sheet by creating an AutoCAD file with a hatch. Import the AutoCAD drawing onto a sheet and then (~shudder~) explode the AutoCAD file. You will have a filled region in your sheet, and will be able to copy it to make others, as well as chang the fill pattern and edit the perimeter.

You may want to start the AutoCAD drawing without a template, draw the hatch on Layer 0 and purge the file, to minimize the stuff that might come along when you import the AutoCAD file.

dkoch
2015-03-15, 01:37 AM
I would add a visibility parameter to the actual plan too. This way, you can turn off the whole key when you have elevation, section or detail sheets that don't need a key plan. This way one titleblock will work for the whole set.

My blog article covers doing just that.

gbrowne
2015-03-17, 01:52 PM
Or try this: http://www.revitforum.org/tutorials-tips-tricks/142-filled-region-sheet.html