PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Revit elements not assigned to a level

jnutt
2015-03-18, 11:40 PM
Hi All,

I have a Revit 2015 model with some elements that seem like they cannot be assigned to a level. Some of the elements are curtain systems, wall foundation, and some miscellaneous steel. Is there something I should check for? I know usually you can assign elements to a level in the browse, but when I select these elements I don't see the option in the browse. Any ideas??

dhurtubise
2015-03-19, 08:21 AM
Curtain Systems won't have a level since they are associated with a mass family. Same concept for the foundation since it's attach to a wall. Steel though should have a level even when embedded in a Beam System

SuperDave
2015-03-21, 10:07 PM
jnutt, I've noticed something similar going on with my foundation walls also - Not confirmed, but wondering if it has something to do with (Function = Foundation). Whenever I place my foundation walls, I can pick a base level, but then it forces the top level unconnected for some reason, and if I try to assign top level to it, Revit givers me an error. The odd thing is, that after I place the wall, I can set the top level, and everything is fine. This has been going on throughout version 2015 for me. Anyone have any ideas?