PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Mirror Project not working

ROBP-RDS
2015-03-30, 02:55 AM
Hi! I have a floor plan that I would like to mirror. The drawing is a complete model. I used the mirror project tool (manage / position / mirror project) in the past. This file starts the mirror project process and gets to about 29% complete and just hangs there (not responding). I tried it a few times and also let it run for an extended period of time and it just seems to hang at 29%. Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Rob

ROBP-RDS
2015-06-02, 05:31 PM
Did anyone come up with a workaround for getting Mirror Project to work on Revit Architecture 2013? I have a two story home that I would like to "flip" the garage side... My software will not allow me to mirror the home... I was wondering if anyone knows what makes the mirror project tool "hang". For example is it room tags, roof lines, etc.?
Thanks!
Rob

Duncan Lithgow
2015-06-05, 06:11 AM
You haven't said much about the models complexity. Have you tried to mirror the project in a copy with more complex things removed? I'm guessing you've let it run for quite a long time... I'd also guess that it's some geometry in one of the families that it's getting stuck on. Also have a look at the journal file, maybe you can see there what the last action is which is causing it to hang.

ROBP-RDS
2015-06-05, 11:55 AM
Duncan,
Hi! Thanks for the feedback. The project is an average to large size two story home with multiple roof lines (just under 4,000 sf). I did get the mirror project tool to work on other projects, in the past. How do you access the journal file? I would like to take a look at that. I will try the process of elimination to see if I can determine what is causing the software to hang. Thanks again! I appreciate your feedback...
Rob