PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Angle Parameter to tie to Text

kmarquis
2015-04-06, 01:45 PM
I'm setting up a rather complicated Signage package in Revit and I need to schedule information showing on the signs for a parking garage. I have directional arrows on the signs and the user can type in the angle of the arrow to show in the walk through. I need the direction of the arrows to schedule as a column of text. What I want to do is if the user types in 0 degrees I want the schedule to say "Up". I know how to write simple single conditional formulas but I don't know how to write the syntax for nested formulas where there are multiple conditions. Here's my list:

0 degress = Up
45 degress =Up-Right
90 degress=Right
270 degress = Left
315 degress =Up-Left.

How do I write that out?

dkoch
2015-04-06, 06:57 PM
Are those the only angles the user is allowed to enter? If so, this should work:

if(AngleParameter = 0°, "Up", if (AngleParameter = 45°, "Up-Right", if (AngleParameter = 90°, "Right", if (AngleParameter = 270°, "Left", if (AngleParameter = 315°, "Up-Left", "Invalid Angle")))))

If any angle can be entered, then you would need to use less than, <, or greater than, >, instead of equals, =. According to the help, less than or equal to, <=, and greater than or equal to, >=, are not supported. If you need these, use NOT with > or <. For example, to get a <= b, use NOT(a > b).