PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Removing slope lines from walls attached to sloped floors

tntdraftsol
2015-04-09, 07:53 PM
Greetings all,

I have an issue with some slope lines that I can not get rid of. here is the scenario: I have a sloped concrete drive (floor object) with a cut out for a trench drain that will be beneath the drive. I have walls that are below the floor object to form the edges of the trench drain and I went ahead and attached the top of the walls to the floor object. in section it looks fine, but in plan view the walls are showing slope lines. Now with the floor I was able to turn off interior edges through the VG overrides, but walls don't have that option. Does anyone have any suggestions? I tried uploading a picture, but AUGI is not working with me today. Thanks for reading.

tntdraftsol
2015-04-09, 08:11 PM
I may have posted too soon. I discovered that if I kept adding points to the floor object and adjusted the elevations of those points to be level with each other the slope lines go away. I am not sure how accurate that makes, my concrete drive (floor object), but since it is in Revit and not Civil 3D I wasn't going to be able to make it that accurate anyway. So if someone else runs across this problem: ADD MORE POINTS!

Brian Myers
2015-04-10, 02:45 AM
Historically, I have actually found the opposite to be true. Simplifying the surface (less points) normally works better, but it depends on the situation / conditions.