PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Levels Not Appearing in Door Schedule

elavi132697859
2015-04-14, 09:02 PM
I joined in an a project just after the project manager left the firm so I have a complicated Revit model with many features I never implemented myself.

We've got a 33 story tower and every level is appearing on the door schedule except the 2 ground levels.

None of the doors from levels 2-3 are appearing on the door schedule. I've made sure there is no filter in place that would exclude these levels. When trying to assign a "location" for these doors, levels 2-3 are not even an option. Is there a way I would be able to establish locations of spaces? Other locations that were already implemented include "LV 04-06 Apartment B" and certain doors have been assigned to that apartment.

I never set up parameters establishing where "apartment b" is so I'm wondering how that space has been established and how I could continue to do that for others levels.

Thank you!

dhurtubise
2015-04-15, 10:16 AM
I'm a little confused about your question. Do you mean that in a door schedule some doors are not reporting the level they are hosted to?

david_peterson
2015-04-15, 12:40 PM
I'm seen some goofy things happen before if someone copied a door from one floor to another, it seems to keep the association with the original floor it was placed on.
ie If you place a door on the 3rd floor and copy it or move it to the 2nd, it may still be associated with the 3rd floor.
We tend to use the "From Room" option as a parameter to associate the door to a room. This depends on how the door was placed.

First I would suggest creating a new door schedule and see if you can find the door mark for the doors that aren't scheduling.
If you still can't find them, make sure they are doors and not curtain panels acting like doors. Doors in a curtain wall system are usually started by using a panel infill acting like a door. Just a thought. But I would find it hard to believe that every door on those 2 floor are in a curtain wall.
Hope this helps.

elavi132697859
2015-04-15, 02:01 PM
David, thanks for your answer. It seems that the entire level is not appearing on the schedule, as if it doesn't exist. Can't figure out how this is possible.

MikeJarosz
2015-04-15, 05:48 PM
Make sure you don't have multiple levels at the same elevation. I have seen Level 3, 3rd Floor and Third floor levels all in the same project. You think the doors on on Level 3, when someone actually put them on the 3rd floor. This matters in Revit. Levels are not just a name. Objects are attached to them. A door attached to Level 3 is not attached to the 3rd floor even if they are at the same elevation. Searching for doors on level 3 will not return doors on 3rd floor.

I always recommend using the default Revit terminology, which is Level ##. Beware when alternate names for equivalent levels appear in your model.

thillhouse
2015-04-20, 12:35 PM
One other thought is that sometimes towers are designed with a "Podium" as the first few levels and this may be a linked file? There should be a check mark in the door schedule properties that allows scheduling of linked model elements...
Another thought is that the apartment B is a group that has been copied to multiple levels. Add the Level parameter to your schedule to see if the doors are actually there but named Level 4-6 apartment B...
Just a thought