PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Unable to generate a color scheme

drubinoff
2015-04-24, 03:39 AM
Hi,

When I copy an egress area schedule from another project (which brings in an area type called "egress"), and then go to make an area plan of type "egress", I am unable generate an area color scheme for the areas. It simply says "none". I am not able to select anything else under the pull-down.

Is there a way to do a color scheme in this case? Usually I find I have to delete the area type and schedule and then start all over again by creating the new area type within the file.

Thanks,
Derek

dhurtubise
2015-04-24, 06:51 AM
Open an out of the box template and use Transfer Project Standards to transfer Color Fill

jsteinhauer
2015-04-27, 03:12 PM
Have you placed any areas yet? You should be able to populate the a color scheme without having any areas placed. Was this file started with your standard template?

Cheers,
Jeff S.

drubinoff
2015-05-01, 06:57 AM
Have you placed any areas yet? You should be able to populate the a color scheme without having any areas placed. Was this file started with your standard template?

Cheers,
Jeff S.

Thanks for your post, Jeff. I used the commercial default template.

The problem I described occurs when I copy and paste custom area schedules from other projects into a new project. When they bring in an area category with them, I can't color it in the new project. I have to create the area categories in the new project first, and then paste in the schedules from other projects. The trick is that I have call the custom area categories exactly the same name as in the previous projects. That sounds like a work-around, except that doesn't match our workflow and my interns keep setting up area plans that can't be colored and we have to redo things.

drubinoff
2016-06-20, 08:05 PM
This is still a big problem for us every time we bring in our standard Egress area schedule; when we then go to generate our egress plans, no color schemes are available from the category pulldown! Does anyone have a solution for this? I keep having to create entirely new area schemes (and redo all the area plans) after my staff have set things up.

This bug in Revit never seems to get fixed year after year and is a problem on almost every one of our projects.

Dimitri Harvalias
2016-06-20, 10:12 PM
Transfer Project Standards and copy the scheme from another project.
If you don't want to have to do that , if you create a View Template and assign the color scheme to that view template you can save it into your project template and the color scheme will be retained even if you have no area plans created yet.

drubinoff
2016-06-21, 12:00 AM
Thanks Dimitri, that sounds like two possible workarounds I'll try next time. Autodesk should fix this nonetheless, it makes no sense.