PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Cad link presence below the grade makes it impossible to select the walls!

FG88
2015-04-24, 09:46 PM
How is this even possible? In the presence of a cad file (in the linked revit model) for the levels below 00 (grade level), walls are not getting selected unless you try window selection. Cycling through it would not work either. Cad link is sitting in a different revit model and in the host model, cad is being referenced by linked view!

Thanks!

Duncan Lithgow
2015-04-27, 07:50 PM
Hi there and welcome. You'll need to be much more specific with your question. I suggest you also use Revit's names for things, that usually also helps people understand your question.

FG88
2016-03-11, 05:28 PM
How is this even possible? In the presence of a cad file (in the linked revit model) for the levels below 00 (grade level), walls are not getting selected unless you try window selection. Cycling through it would not work either. Cad link is sitting in a different revit model and in the host model, cad is being referenced by linked view!

Thanks!

SOLUTION

I was using information via Linked View. That linked model was containing linked CAD files with HATCHES. The presence of hatch prevented me from selecting the walls. In other words it was causing issues to the models and in this case it was not allowing the users to click a wall unless you window select it. Advice: Purge out all the hatches in your CAD files before linking to Revit.

Thanks!