PDA

View Full Version : 2015 make object unselectable

MikeJarosz
2015-04-28, 04:01 PM
I'm working on a precast project, with 4' precast plank floors. It's working nicely and I am happy with it,

but.......

Rolling over all those planks selects them and using the selection fence grabs them and moves them. All that flickering is driving me crazy. This may be a basic request, but I don't know how to make them unselectable. Is there a way to have them visible but unselectable?

tbodor
2015-04-28, 04:15 PM
My quick response to this is to pin them once set and then turn off the selection of pinned items in the lower right hand corner. Not sure if you are able to do that though.

MikeJarosz
2015-04-28, 06:27 PM
Not quite what I wanted. I should have said "ignore" instead of "turn off selection". Your advice really does turn off selection, but not the annoying highlighting as I hover over 186 planks that cover the entire floorplate!

The best I can come up with is select all instances, then a temporary hide.

DaveP
2015-04-29, 03:01 PM
This is probably way more involved than you want to get but, could you put your planks on a Design Option?
Even if they are in the Primary Option, I think that should keep them from highlighting.

PijPiwo
2015-04-29, 07:20 PM
Can you group them? When grouped and when there is a distance between ‘bottom’ and ‘level’ in the view range, the group will not even highlight when you hover, but you can still click on it to select.

tedg
2015-04-29, 07:50 PM
Can you put them on a special workset and make it not editable?, and then toggle on Editable Only for selection?
(located at the bottom right of your screen .. usually)

This should allow you to only select objects on an editable workset.

HTH

MikeJarosz
2015-04-30, 02:22 PM
Can you put them on a special workset and make it not editable?, and then toggle on Editable Only for selection?
(located at the bottom right of your screen .. usually)

This should allow you to only select objects on an editable workset.

HTH

That's it!!!!!!

My building is basically precast with some steel framing. The precast planks cover everything and the cursor selects them everywhere. I have two worksets: precast and structure. With structure editable and precast not, I can work on the steel without selecting all those planks!

Thanks.