PDA

View Full Version : Titleblock.

sultarc
2005-03-15, 02:25 AM
I have created a title block sheet for myself. It's out on my harddrive. I want it in my custom template in a tblock family. I have no clue as to how to get it there. I've looked for the Revit Imperial Families in the browser but cannot find it. Anyone know where I should insert this item???

BillyGrey
2005-03-15, 02:35 AM
I'm not sure if I read you question correctly, but here's where all
title blocks go in a standard install...

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Revit 7.0\Imperial Library\Titleblocks

Post back if you need more info.

bGrey

beegee
2005-03-15, 02:36 AM
Open your template file, Load from Library, Navigate to the folder where the titleblock is and load it.
Save and Close.

You may want to delete the titleblock that was previously in the template file also.

SCShell
2005-03-15, 01:48 PM
Hey there,

For what it's worth, I was told a long time ago that I should save my templates and titleblocks, families etc. outside of Revit. (saves time when upgrading) I put all of my custom items in folders in My Documents. (Notice on the left side of the family directory, there are icons for all of the other family directories as well as My Documents. That is where I click to navigate to My Documents. You may have to scroll down to see them all.)

Hope this helps
Steve

nole
2005-03-15, 04:24 PM
Hi there!
You also could drag and drop title block template from your folder directly to your Revit file. If you try to drop it in plan view, you may receive "Can't create this kind of element in this view in the current mode." message, but don't you worry, everything will be OK.
Then go to Sheets in Project browser, right click to open context menu, choose New Sheet... and, in just opened dialog, you should find your title block.