PDA

View Full Version : 2016 New Filled Region feature with no function?

Andre Baros
2015-05-20, 10:12 PM
Someone in the office just asked me how to use the "image" function for filled regions. I didn't even notice it was there but it is, and looking back it first appeared in Revit 2015 but somehow no one noticed.

You can apply an image to a filled region! But I can't find a way to display it (tried realistic and the other Visual Styles, different view types, etc. Any insights, perhaps it shows up in analytic views?

Screenshot:

Maciej Wypych
2015-05-21, 02:55 AM
Someone in the office just asked me how to use the "image" function for filled regions. I didn't even notice it was there but it is, and looking back it first appeared in Revit 2015 but somehow no one noticed.

You can apply an image to a filled region! But I can't find a way to display it (tried realistic and the other Visual Styles, different view types, etc. Any insights, perhaps it shows up in analytic views?

Screenshot:

Hi,

It's an image parameter for scheduling, it does show when you place your schedule on a sheet.
There is a type image as well.
You can add images to almost anything now.

Andre Baros
2015-05-27, 05:55 PM
OMG, that is so obscure. Wonderful somehow, but obscure. For anyone else reading the thread, images don't show up until the schedule is on a sheet. So you can create a detail item schedule with all of your filled regions and display an image associated with each filled region.

This would solve the issue of displaying material hatches in a material schedule because you could now include screen captures of each material in the schedule!

How are other people using this?