PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Structural elements in Family Editor

samuelab182982
2015-05-26, 06:13 PM
We're designing benches with steel HSS angles in them. I seem unable to cope or pierce the beams with voids. When I select CUT, the beams are not selectable at all. I am somewhat surprised by this issue. I also tried cutting with a reference line and a reference plane.

Furthermore, when I load the family in the project, the beams resize to a smaller length.

http://forums.augi.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=99688&stc=1

Dimitri Harvalias
2015-05-26, 06:29 PM
As you have discovered the structural framing elements can be controlled differently in the project environment vs the family editor.
Unless you need to get a parts list for the actual framing elements being used I'd probably just model the HSS and channel sections as simple sweeps in the family editor. If you do need more than that then you'll need to go in and change the default families that are provided with Revit.

samuelab182982
2015-05-26, 06:42 PM
That's quite unfortunate for accuracy and kind of goes against the whole BIM concept. We were looking to crate a schedule of parts using regular structural parts.

I wonder why this has not been tackled yet. Thank you for your quick response, I hope someone brings a solution forward.