PDA

View Full Version : 2015 GRADING INCREMENTS

rmk
2015-05-28, 06:26 PM
I'm trying to grade a straight feature line left and right to an EG surface.
is there a way to change the increments along the feature line as to how often the grading calculates to the left and right.
Mine seem extremely close and is taking forever to generate.

Thanks.

C3D_TomR
2016-05-26, 09:55 PM
In the grading group properties, when you enabled Automatic Surface Creation, there was a Tessellation Spacing and Tessellation Angle setting. I found that if you uncheck the automatic surface creation and delete surface, you can then recreate the automatic surface and assign a different tessellation value.

--Tom

Opie
2016-05-27, 01:16 PM
In the grading group properties, when you enabled Automatic Surface Creation, there was a Tessellation Spacing and Tessellation Angle setting. I found that if you uncheck the automatic surface creation and delete surface, you can then recreate the automatic surface and assign a different tessellation value.

You can make those same changes without unchecking or deleting the surface. It just means you need to modify the grading group after your change to the tessellation settings in the Grading Group Properties.

BlackBox
2016-05-27, 06:53 PM
Feel like this just came up at IdeaStation; not sure if TomR was participant or not, but if so, kindly forgive the redundancy here.

- - - - - -

I cannot stand the Gradings mechanism in C3D, not even Infills behave the way they should (while they're better than Gradings generally) - as example: if you have an Infill between a residential lot, and a lot's building pad, then offset the pad 0.10 (we grade up to 8" below finished floor), then you're left with a 0.10 gap in your surface, instead of a subsequent Infill - that said Infills are redundant if you've already got the Feature Lines graded to create them in the first place. Grrr

Instead, I just use Feature Lines; consider SincPac's SPQUICKDAYLIGHT (http://www.quuxsoft.com/sincpacc3d_help/SP_QuickDaylight.htm) Command.

Cheers

- - - - - -

Disclaimer: I am completely biased.

remi678731
2016-05-27, 07:53 PM
Well grading objects are just one of many things that have NOT improved with Civil3D