PDA

View Full Version : 2016 site designer

gordolake
2015-06-04, 05:18 AM
Site designer is now available for 2016.

I think there is a bug with the user input dialogue boxes.
When locating / creating soft terrain the offset levels don't seem to work as expected (as in 2105). Modifying soft terrain, changing the elevation etc, again the input value does not reflect in object being changed. This is making it unusable.

Anyone else affected.

Michael Pukas
2015-06-15, 08:26 PM
Site Designer for 2016 is not available yet - this is the latest news I got from my sales/training rep at my reseller, CAD-1. They contacted Autodesk, and AD said Site Designer 2016 will be released with the Extensions when R1 is released, and that date is not yet determined.

I did not know this, and started a new project in 2016. When I got to working the site, SD would simply not work. To make a long, painful story short, I had to re-draw the project in 2015 just so I can use SD and modify my site as needed.

rtaube
2015-06-15, 10:44 PM
do you have a good source of information on how to use Site Designer? it doesn't seem very intuitive so i've not advanced very far.

patricks
2015-06-18, 06:59 PM
Site Designer for 2016 is not available yet - this is the latest news I got from my sales/training rep at my reseller, CAD-1. They contacted Autodesk, and AD said Site Designer 2016 will be released with the Extensions when R1 is released, and that date is not yet determined.

I did not know this, and started a new project in 2016. When I got to working the site, SD would simply not work. To make a long, painful story short, I had to re-draw the project in 2015 just so I can use SD and modify my site as needed.

You couldn't make the site with the old-style site tools? I've heard pretty much nothing but negative feedback on Site Designer, though I've never tried it myself.

MikeJarosz
2015-06-18, 10:01 PM
How could Site Designer possibly be worse than the original Revit site tools?

Ed at ELM
2016-04-14, 12:20 AM
The site designer for 2016 has a new update as of yesterday. It still doesn't work, at least for me.

I made a very large mistake. About a year ago I did all of the Civil drawings for a 20 acre site using Revit 2015. I used site designer to make the C&G only and did everything else with topography. I updated the file to Revit 2016 a couple of months ago (the large mistake). Now I have a major revision to make and I can't create the new curbs with site designer for Revit 2016.

If I hadn't updated the file to 2016 I'd be ok. But, too late. Does anyone have a good way to make curb and gutter where the TBC elevations can be modified as the design progresses? Or, is there a way to revert the file to 2015?

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.
Ed

gordolake
2016-04-20, 06:41 AM
Original bugs with elevation input seems to be repaired in 2016.1.1.0.
Will do further testing when time allows.