PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Generic Spot Elevations

tntdraftsol
2015-06-04, 05:36 PM
Greetings all,

I modeled an outlet structure for a project and used shared coordinates to establish where this outlet structure is elevation wise. I then was able to use a spot elevation to label the pipe outlet elevation and the top of slab elevation. I thought I was done, but we all know that is never the case. The engineer wants to use this same structure in another place on the site and reference the same detail sheet. So I now have to take all the generic dimensions and create a table, which I have done before, but the problem I run into is the spot elevations, they will be different from each other so my question is is there a way to create a spot elevation that will say display 'EL' for elevation 0'-0" and say 'EL+0.10' for another point? I know I could make it work with just drafting the annotation elements in, but I thought I might ask the group to see if there would be a way to use the tools that Revit has. Thanks for reading.

mike.r
2015-06-04, 09:14 PM
Hi Mike,
If you select the spot elevation and then click "edit type" to go into the properties, scroll down and under the "text" heading you will find "elevation indicator".
You can put the "EL" in here as a prefix, duplicate the spot elevation family and change the elevation indicator in this one to "EL +" for the other spot elevations.

Craig_L
2015-06-05, 08:34 AM
What I have done in the past is a bit of a "cheat".
You can create a 2nd elevation type that reports either relative, or project level or relative to the survey point. After creating your 2nd kind of elevation point to report the "project" elevation - (you will find this down near the bottom of the type properties for that elevation annotation)
Assuming you know what the height at a given point should be, go to a view showing this point and go to the manage tab, and go to "coordinates" and "specify coordinates at a point". You can then manually enter the elevation of this point to match your calculated value. Now your project RL's will report correctly, and you will still have your relative and survey RL's also should you need them.