PDA

View Full Version : Level Lines in v7 VERY annoying

sjsl
2005-03-15, 07:40 PM
I wish I could flip a switch and go back to v6.1 level lines. At least I knew they would show up predictablyy. Now they show up all over the place. Some get extended others do not, my elevation levels have to be constantly tended to so they align with the others.
Why should I have to propagate? More useless steps and productivity loss.

Anyone else having these problems or you just let it eat at you as well?

Les Therrien
2005-03-15, 07:43 PM
There was a problem with that when it was first released.
Are you using a project file that was started in 6.1 or earlier?
Do you have the latest build?

cosmickingpin
2005-03-15, 07:49 PM
I am working on a large campus like porject where I have a building over here and another over there, and it is a pain in the *** moving, duplicating, flipping and basically generating views. It does seem like a useless extra step, but I think it was aimed at solving another problem which tended to complicate other production efforts, not sure the pay off is there in this case.

sbrown
2005-03-15, 09:16 PM
There is a way to "flip the switch" create a scope box around your building, then in elevation pick all the levels and under their properties associate them with the scope box. now they will behave just like 6.1

sjsl
2005-03-15, 09:44 PM
Thanks guys!

Yes latest build w/project
Yes will try sbrown suggest

jsadams2
2005-03-15, 09:49 PM
Scott, That is Fantastic!!! Where were you back in Jan. when the "voting" was taking place. If I had realized the scope box could do that, I might have changed my vote. Thank You!

Gadget Man
2005-03-15, 11:06 PM
There is a way to "flip the switch" create a scope box around your building, then in elevation pick all the levels and under their properties associate them with the scope box. now they will behave just like 6.1
To me it is a pure madness...!

Why something so simple (level lines) as it was in pre-7.0 release should be made so complicated as to require the work-arounds?

I think it is a case of "fixing what isn't broken".

I accept, that the scope boxes are useful, but to be required to use them for something as trivial as aligning the level lines, to me it's an overkill...

Jerry.

Steve_Stafford
2005-03-15, 11:15 PM
I think it is a case of "fixing what isn't broken". I think the feature is good for grids, but personally could do without it for levels.

I accept, that the scope boxes are useful, but to be required to use them for something as trivial as aligning the level lines, to me it's an overkill...It is a solution to the problem if it occurs in an upgraded project. It isn't necessary in a project that started in 7.0 with a Revit 7.0 project template. Unless....

One thing to keep in mind is that the area inside the elevation markers in a project template represents the part of the Revit project that views are setup to see. If the building is created outside this zone the elevation views won't see the building and the levels won't extend out enough to be visible. Thus the problem of finding levels and such.

felix.81253
2005-07-27, 06:23 PM
Is there any way to get rid of the level lines in a view which I do not want to see?
As far as the scope boxes go, I can only see the level bubbles attaching to the
borders of the box, leaving the ones not assigned to a scope box free floating in space...

any hint helps
thanks,

Felix

iru69
2005-07-27, 06:33 PM
You mean aside from right-clicking on the level line and selecting "Hide Annotation in View"?