PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Delete Array that becomes invisible

robinhillrhca700396
2015-06-09, 04:49 AM
Having created a radial array of model lines in a family (as joint lines in a brick arch) , I realised it was not as intended so deleted it (I thought) and redid it.
Later I added it into the project, only to find the deleted array was shown there minus one array member (so I must of deleted the element of the array not the array).
Went back in to the family editor...no array visible in any view,
but by scrolling around in 3d view managed to highlight an element of the array, so deleted it, loade back to project and closed family editor.
Now I had 2 arrays visible both with missing members!
Tried again, and acheived 3 arrays now with several missing members!

So:
1. how should I have deleted the whole array (not just a single member) in the first place?
2. Is there any way to force the arrays to be visible in the family editor so I can select and edit the right one and delete the wrong one ( the array is visible only in the model and not in family editor)?

(I am now using Revit 2016 service pack 1, if that makes any difference?)

I know I can just delete the family and start over, but I'd like to know how to avoid this to not waste time constantly having to start again whenever a mistake is made.

Any guidance to answer points 1 and 2 would be greatly appreciated.

Robin

Dimitri Harvalias
2015-06-09, 05:48 PM
The easiest way to delete an array is to right click on one of the elements and then 'select all instances'. That will find all the other elements and then you can delete the entire array.
I'm not sure why your array would not be visible in the family editor so I can't really comment on your second question.