PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Revit Server for Small Firms

Limbatus
2015-06-23, 11:35 PM
I work for a small design firm that has offices in 2 states. We are currently trying to set up Revit Server 2016, and we are having VERY slow sync times. We set up increased bandwidth with our ISP (50mb Down / 10mb Up), we have a brand new dual processor (2x Xeon / 32gb ram) dell server. We have very slow sync times. I set up a 3.3mb test file, and work-shared it. Although we can all access the model, every time we sync it takes each individual involved 5-7 minutes. Is this common for Revit Server to operate so slowly? There are up to 4 people working on our project team at once, we cannot spend 20-30 minutes downtime between each sync cycle. what would you recommend? thanks

david_peterson
2015-06-29, 02:48 PM
You're better off using remote desktop and buy some extra workstations then going revit server IMHO. Then you're not pushing all that data thru such a small pipe.
Are you using a wan accelerator? That would also help.
I'm surprised you haven't corrupted a model yet. That was always the case before when we were trying to use it. Revit would simply time out cause it was waiting to long and lock the file. Then no one could do anything.
Your other option is the new A360, but I wouldn't go there just yet. It's pricey and still has a ton of bugs.

phil.barnes
2016-03-08, 12:41 PM
This is probably too little, too late: we have found very long sync times due to different versions of Revit and in particular between 32bit pc's and 64 bit pc's. Remote Desktop is a good call - we have been using TeamViewer from home onto an office machine and there is little latency.