PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Modified by the third-party updater APEXRevitStart

Bluefairy
2015-06-29, 04:56 PM
I have a file when I open it, gives me this warning:

The file was modifed by the third-party updater APEXRevitStar: REXExtension: DReinfwal which is not currently installed.

If you contiue to edit the file, data maitained by the apex RevitStart: REXExtension DreinfWall will not be updated properly. This may create problems when the file is later opened.

Is this anything to be concerned about? Which command do I choose?

Continue working with the file

Do not warn about this updater again

david_peterson
2015-06-29, 06:10 PM
The file was accessed and saved by someone who has the revit extentions for reinforcing is my guess.
Don't worry about it.

Duncan Lithgow
2015-07-06, 07:29 AM
The file was accessed and saved by someone who has the revit extentions for reinforcing is my guess.
Don't worry about it.

David's right. It just means that there is data in the file which you, specifically you, cannot work on because it is created and maintained by a piece of software you don't have installed. The parameters starting with REX are typically from Autodesk's Revit extensions package.

MikeJarosz
2015-07-07, 01:32 PM
This is the same thing as when you receive a civil file created by Acad Civil 3D. It has contours as an object. When you load it in plain Acad or Revit, it cannot handle the contours. They are essentially a foreign object lurking in the file that you can't manipulate because your software can't work with contours as an object. One caution: this might be data that is important to the project. Sometimes 3rd party software developers create object enablers which you can add-in and have limited ability to see the mystery objects. A better approach is for the user who created the 3rd party file to export it without the custom objects. Civil 3D can convert their contours to polylines, then everyone can see them.