PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Schedule Detail Items by View

Duncan Lithgow
2015-07-06, 08:09 AM
I'm glad to see that it's possible to schedule Detail Items/Components. I don't remember that being the case last I checked, odd.

But this doesn't quite help me with my current problem. I want to add some mounting brackets to a Detail Component representing façade sheathing panels. but to be able to do this I need to know which Detail (Views) the component is used on so I can delete the Detail Lines and adjust placement of the brackets by instance.

A slightly clunky solution is to select all instances of a detail item in a project, then get their ID numbers and find them one at a time. Bit messy but should work.

Anyone got a more convenient solution?

PS. I've asked for help with this in Dynamo, which seems like an obvious solution, we'll see ( http://dynamobim.com/forums/topic/writeexport-detail-items-listed-by-view/ )

david_peterson
2015-07-06, 02:06 PM
I'll start by saying not an advertisement, but CTC has a great add on for doing spreadsheet/schedule type stuff.
You can pick out basically any item, schedule and filter by any parameter that exists for that category.
Best part is, they always include the unique element ID.
I did a quick look on a current project and you can select detail items so I know that will work.
But I didn't see an option to tell you what view it was in.

adham
2015-07-09, 08:20 PM
David - The CTC (Revit Express Tools) Spreadsheet Link can see the Instance Workset which is the View Name

david_peterson
2015-07-09, 08:32 PM
Ahh, See I know there had to be a way.
I love that tool. So many options.

Duncan Lithgow
2015-07-09, 09:23 PM
Great to hear about that solution. I've got it working now with a CSV export from Dynamo.