PDA

View Full Version : 2015 failing to upload any type of file to this forum

Duncan Lithgow
2015-07-08, 08:45 AM
I am completely failing to upload any type of file at the moment to AUGI forums. I've tried in Firefox and Explorer, and get this error Tool tip from the red exclamation icon beside the filed uploads:

406 [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]

Any ideas?

Craig_L
2015-07-08, 11:23 AM
Just posted this response in the other one you put up but I'll address it here in case others have this issue.

Description of the error and proposed fixes (although this may be server side so you possibly can not do anything about it)
Are you using chrome browser? It may be your browser or some other add in is encrypting so the server doesnt recognise it? I use chrome and have had no issues with uploads, but then again I rarely upload anything other than images.

Web browsers make a request for information from the server. When this happens, it sends an Accept header. This tells the server in what formats the browser can accept the data. If the server cannot send data in a format requested in the Accept header, the server sends the 406 Not Acceptable error.

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E406.html

(all of the "support" I have found on this is by server providers, so I suggest this is probably a server side issue that an admin will have to address)

Duncan Lithgow
2015-07-08, 11:42 AM
It didn't occur to me that 406 was a standard server error. Thanks for pointing that out. I would normally have looked it up myself. Any idea who to contact? I tried in both Firefox and Explorer so I'd say you're right that it's a server side issue.

Anyone who reads this please say working or not working if you tried to upload anything here in the last few hours. Thanks

Craig_L
2015-07-08, 12:59 PM
There is a "contact" button at the bottom right of the page, this takes you to forum admin address (also down the bottom of that text)

jsteinhauer
2015-07-08, 02:57 PM
Duncan,

You may have met your upload limit. I experienced this as well. To solve this, I went and deleted redundant or larger files. IMHO, this is not the best solution, because it takes away information that could be vital to the process of understanding a question or the solution to a problem.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

Duncan Lithgow
2015-07-08, 03:36 PM
So if that's the problem do I have to delete files from my list and they will vanish from the discussion I put them in? Seriously? What's the limit?

Ed Jobe
2015-07-08, 04:45 PM
Try using the Basic Uploader.

david_peterson
2015-07-08, 06:17 PM
Thanks Ed. I never noticed that one.

CAtDiva
2015-07-08, 07:42 PM
Try using the Basic Uploader.

That's the only way I've ever managed to upload files ~shrug~

Ed Jobe
2015-07-08, 10:14 PM
That's the only way I've ever managed to upload files ~shrug~

Unfortunately, that's part of the forum software. The only control we have is what version we are on and we are on the latest.

Duncan Lithgow
2015-07-09, 08:44 AM
The Basic Uploader worked fine, for some reason my eye didn't catch it, I've used it before.

Thanks Ed