PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Stairs - can't define height of landing "... must be above the stair base elevation"

Duncan Lithgow
2015-07-10, 09:57 AM
In this staircase the base elevation is 0, and the Runs relative base height is supposed to be 617mm, but jumps up to 700mm and refuses to allow me to set it as 617mm

It insists that trying to put the landing at relative height 617 puts it below the base elevation - what am I missing?

So there are two issues

* How do I get the landing at the specified height?
* How do I then adjust the top without the landing moving?

The file is attached, any help is much appreciated.

Craig_L
2015-07-10, 11:32 AM
I noticed some issues with the stair family you have used.
I tried it using the "stair by trace" option and composed it as one solid piece.
I always find stairs to be tricky, and they almost always need some kind of tweaking to get the right.
I placed this new stair by trace version, did not change a single thing and it worked properly. Just how you have modeled this stair in two seperate pieces seems to be causing issues.

Even if you do it this way in future, you need to get your level offsets right at the start and the stair family will calculate the rest properly.
If you wanted to break it into two pieces then your first piece should be set with the level offsets correct. Same with the 2nd piece, but if you model this as one entire stair the calculator seems to have no issue with it.

Duncan Lithgow
2015-08-12, 08:00 AM
Thanks for your help Craig

cliff collins
2015-08-12, 04:53 PM
Try modeling each run and the landing separately, instead of using stair by sketch ( single sketch mode vs stair by component. ) You should have much better control this way, unless I'm missing something?