PDA

View Full Version : Patching a hole in a roof

studio3p
2003-11-25, 12:19 AM
I made a hole in a roof and then later realized that the shape of the hole is a bit off. I'm not able to find a way to remove the hole once it's been applied to the roof. In fact, I don't even know how I should be going about "seeing" the hole beyond being able to identify the part of the roof that's missing.

Is there a way to select a hole? Is there a good way to patch a roof that has a hole in it?

Thanks.

beegee
2003-11-25, 12:26 AM
If you made the opening using the "Opening Tool" in the Modelling Design Bar, just hover over the opening , the status bar will indicate when you have selected the opening, select it and hit delete.

Or you can edit its shape after selecting it.

If you made it by sketching an opening in the roof, just select the roof and enter sketch mode , then select the linework for the opening , delete it and finish the sketch.

Steve_Stafford
2003-11-25, 03:09 AM
Made me think of the Beatles tune...Fixing a hole... :D

Beegee should have you on the right track.

beegee
2003-11-25, 03:26 AM
Made me think of the Beatles tune...Fixing a hole... :D.

I was going to quote it , ... I was very tempted, then I thought nah, no one remembers those old songs from last century.

So I stopped my mind from wanderin'.

studio3p
2003-11-25, 04:54 AM
Needless to, that worked exactly like you said it would. I was looking for a pre-selection, hover type of darkened outline like I get with other types of objects.

Thanks for the help.