PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Full Revision List

Brodnax
2015-07-30, 01:13 PM
In CAD we show a complete list of all project revisions on the cover sheet (next to the sheet index). Is there a way to replicate this in Revit? I have played around with a revision schedule on the sheet title blocks but that only shows revisions on that sheet (Great! for all sheets except the cover..).

Also, what is the best way to copy project revisions over to an MEP model so that we show the same revisions without re-typing them in MEP?

david_peterson
2015-07-30, 01:44 PM
I don't think you can copy over revision sequences.
For the full list the only way I've been able to do it is to create a shared Text parameter for each revision, apply it to sheets and add them to the schedule.
I tend to use an "X" for Issued, "B" for Bid, "R" for reference.
Let me know if you need additional information on this.

Joshua Kohl
2015-07-31, 11:23 AM
You can easily add revisions to sheets that do not actually have a revision on them.

Simply open your sheet, in the Properties palette scroll down to "Revisions on Sheet", click "Edit..." then select whatever project revisions you want to be visible in your revision schedule on that sheet.

There is also an Add-In from Xrev called "Up Rev" that will do that to multiple sheets quite quickly if you need that.

Brodnax
2015-07-31, 12:53 PM
Thank you both for your replies. I think that will get us what we want.