PDA

View Full Version : Modifying the properties tool bar in 2005

wcooper
2005-03-16, 07:20 PM
New guy here. I searched but have not found an answer to what I am looking for. In acad2000 there was a way to modify the acad.mns file to only show the object properties that you wanted (Ex. by layer{color}; by layer [linetype];line width; and bycolor. ) i do not need all of these options. I never use the line-width or bycolor option. It would definitely free up a lot of useless space if I could just get rid of them.
thanks in advance for you're help.

Mike.Perry
2005-03-16, 07:30 PM
Hi

Within the acad.mns file that ships with AutoCAD 2005 you should find -

<snip>

**TB_OBJECT_PROPERTIES
**PROPERTIES
ID_TbObjectP [_Toolbar("Properties", _Top, _Show, 2, 1, 1)]
[_Control(_Color)]
[--]
[_Control(_Linetype)]
[--]
[_Control(_Lineweight)]
[--]
[_Control(_PlotStyle)]</snip>

Remove as required....

Have a good one, Mike

wcooper
2005-03-16, 07:38 PM
thanks for the quick reply.

thats what I have been searching for, but unfortunately I think it is hidden somewhere on our server. I'm almost positive that it is not on my computer.
Ive performed a search and only came up with 2 acad.mns files and they belong to acad2000. I guess I'll have to wait to find out where they are located when our local guru come back from vacation.

jaberwok
2005-03-17, 07:02 PM
In A2004 and A2005 the menu file is buried under the user login name instead of being in the acad\support folder. Look in Tools\Option\Files\Menu, Help ......

wcooper
2005-03-17, 07:35 PM
In A2004 and A2005 the menu file is buried under the user login name instead of being in the acadsupport folder. Look in ToolsOptionFilesMenu, Help ......
That is it ! Thanks a lot for you're help.