PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Floor Visibility

tra1133
2015-08-19, 04:42 PM
New to Revit. I have an auditorium plan with stepped seating. Thought the easiest way to show this would be to create a new floor for each seating elevation. Is there anyway to have these floors show up on the floor plan? Another colleague suggested using a blend with a void extrusion, but that's a little above my experience level. The 3D view shows it perfectly and everything is where it is supposed to be, just can't get it to show up in plan. The visibility/ graphics override has everything greyed out. If I shouldn't use a floor, then what is the best way of creating this for a beginner?

david_peterson
2015-08-19, 05:09 PM
Did you use a structural slab?
What kind of "floor" did you use?
Did you check to see if slab edges were turned on in your plan via VG?
There's a lot of things to check. Not sure what template you were using or what VG settings you have so I'm just guessing.
Workset visibility?

CAtDiva
2015-08-19, 05:11 PM
If everything is greyed out when you type "VG", then there's likely a View Template applied - check the View Properties under "Identity Data".

cliff collins
2015-08-19, 06:20 PM
Floors are OK. Try using a Plan Region around the stepped foor area, so you can adjust the View Range (cut plane) separately for just that area on the plan.

tra1133
2015-08-19, 06:31 PM
David, I used a generic 5" architectural floor (still in SD), Slab Edges (I assume under Floors) is not shown as hidden. Should I have used a structural slab? If so, is there a way to match properties without redrawing (Sorry for the ACA terminology).
CAtDiva, I am using our firm's template which I have no idea how it was set up.
Cliff, I used the Plan Region. This was going to be my next question as to how to show the lower house while in the upper house. Still no floors shown.
Is there any way to override the visibility for each drawing?

Thanks for the quick responses.

cliff collins
2015-08-19, 06:43 PM
Type VG for Visibility/Graphics in for the View. If it's all greyed out and you can't change it, go to the View properties and see which View Template is applied. You can scroll and choose None. Then you can turn on Floors, if it was not checked.

Under Model categories, see if Floors is checked. If so, it's something else causing them not to display. Are you using Worksets? If so, are the Floors on a Workset that is turned off in the view? Do you have Phases set up ( existing/new construction)--it could be the floor is on a wrong Phase?

Do you have any Design Options set up? (that can cause elements to not show )

tra1133
2015-08-19, 07:51 PM
Setting the View Template to None worked. Thanks Cliff.

cliff collins
2015-08-19, 07:52 PM
Glad you got it working.

Duncan Lithgow
2015-08-24, 05:38 AM
I'm sure the others here would agree with me that you should now have a talk to whoever is in charge of that view template. They may not be keen on you not using it, so you might need permission to change it. View template are important for consistency.