PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Missing Hatch Petterns in Sweep Detail Components

kyler
2015-08-20, 03:44 PM
Hello everybody,

I'm having a little issue with wall sweep detail components. So basically I have created a wall sweep of a parapet cap flashing. Within the profile of the wall sweep I have embedded a detail component showing items like wood blocking, sheathing, insulation, ect. The problem I'm having is once I cut through the wall sweep everything shows up with the embedded detail component except the filled regions. They show up as solid white. Now when I bring the actual detail component into the project everything shows up properly. Please see the attached files for the example.

Picture Descriptions:

"1 - Without Profile" - This is the top of the wall I wish to add the parapet flashing.
"2 - With Profile" - This is the section with the wall sweep associated.
"3 - With Detail Component" - This is what the detail is supposed to look like. I've just inserted the detail component (that is associated with the profile). It works fine on its own.

I know I can just add the detail component everywhere but this defeats the purpose of this feature.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

cliff collins
2015-08-20, 03:53 PM
Try creating a new Detail Component ( using the appropriate Detail Component Family Template ) and place your filled region inside it. Then place the new DC in your Profile.
Load into project, and see if it now works.

kyler
2015-08-20, 04:00 PM
I'm not exactly sure I know what your talking about. There is only one type of 'Detail Component' family.

cliff collins
2015-08-20, 04:01 PM
Yes--just meant make sure you use that Template when creating it.

I just tried this method and it works.

kyler
2015-08-21, 02:23 PM
I think we may not be understanding each other. These were the steps I took to create this wall sweep with a detail component associated.

1. New Family > Detail Item > I then created the detail item that I wanted associated with the profile.
2. New Profile > Wall Hosted Profile > Loaded in Detail Component Family > Traced portion of detail item to create profile.
3. Loaded profile to project > Created new wall sweep > added profile to the sweep.

This way all of the detail of the initial detail item shows every time I cut through the wall sweep. Everything shows up properly (all the detail lines) except the hatch patterns.

Does this make more sense?

cliff collins
2015-08-21, 03:05 PM
Yes. Makes sense.

I think you are missing the key ingredient:

Instead of placing the hatch pattern in the Profile itself, create a new DC and place the hatch inside it. Then nest the new DC in the Profile. Load profile into sweep. Add sweep. Cut section. Hatch pattern now displays properly.
I tested exactly this method and it works.