PDA

View Full Version : 2016 door for Curtain wall, single glass

Bluefairy
2015-08-27, 12:01 AM
I'm trying to insert a curtain wall door into a curtain wall. However, the door does not load. Any suggestions?

Norton_cad
2015-08-27, 03:57 AM
Your door family is likely an earlier release. Open it, and it will update. Save it & load it in, then you should be okay.

patricks
2015-08-27, 01:43 PM
Is the door actually a curtain panel family? It has to be, in order to use it in a curtain wall object.

You can change a curtain wall panel to a wall type and then insert a regular door, but that's a roundabout and rather cumbersome way to do things.

Bluefairy
2015-08-27, 02:19 PM
Hmm. The door is labeled a "Curtain-Wall" in the family. There must be some different method of using curtain walls and doors. Also, my project is in the same 2016 release as the curtain-wall doors

Nilasam
2015-08-27, 02:45 PM
Rather than insert it like a regular door, you select the panel where you want the door, unpin it and choose the door via the type selector.

david_peterson
2015-08-27, 03:40 PM
Option B
Replace the Glass panel with an actual wall (ie Wall for hosting like 1/2" thick or something, you can make a glass material and or put it on a workset that's not visible so you don't see it).
Then you can place any door you want that will have an actual frame and dimension.
When you create a curtain wall door as a panel (First your "Door" Was created from a panel and likely won't schedule with the correct Dimensions)
The one trick to get it to be included in a door object schedule was to open the curtain wall door (which was a panel) and change the category, save and reload.
This will get you the mark, but most other things won't work as you would expect them.

Just my 2 cents.