PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Cloud Rendering

jwallgren498618
2015-09-09, 03:42 PM
Its been a while since I've had the need to render from Revit, but the last time I did was when the cloud rendering option had recently been implemented. I remember there were some basic "environment" settings that worked really well for me at the time. I tried to render from the cloud again just now (in Revt 2016), and I can no longer find those "environment" settings I used before. The "sales lingo" for the cloud on the website talks about adding environments to rendered scenes, but I cannot find that setting anywhere. Am I missing something?

jwallgren498618
2015-09-09, 03:55 PM
Nevermind - I found it. "Re-render Using New Settings" -> then pick the environment.

CrawfordSmith99
2016-01-12, 05:27 PM
Cloud rendering, you say? Allow me to pull up my soapbox and fulminate!

Our firm has been using the cloud rendering service, but I am pushing to get away from that. Previously, we were able to pool the cloud credits from our multiple licenses in order to allow the firm's render gods to do their thing. Then Autodesk changed the rules and said no more credit pooling. We groused and they granted us a pool of credits, but these - and others that are purchased - are void after 12 months. This important fact is buried in the cloud rendering information - even our reseller didn't know about it.

I'm now looking at options for in-house rendering, and looking askance at Autodesk's cloud services. When you use their cloud services, you're playing by their rules, and if they want to change them in the middle of the game, there's not a lot you can do about it. Take heed.

-Crawford

david_peterson
2016-01-12, 07:20 PM
I'd have to agree with much of what Crawford just said. We were also mad about that. However when we whined, we didn't get squat.
Next step is to build the super rendering box. Then again, it seems like the best work flow I've seen was to export to max and render there.
There was a good session at AU this year that walked you thru that work flow. Also gives you some really good perspective on hardware.
Nvidia Iray, here we come!!!!