PDA

View Full Version : Revit 8 preview beta supported for production

marty_rozmanith
2005-03-18, 02:32 PM
All,

There has been some confusion about whether the beta can be used in production on projects. It absolutely can! Here's a cut from the welcome letter on the beta site;

"The quality expectation for this release is the same as those of previous commercial web-releases of Autodesk Revit. Data created in this pre-release version will migrate forward to the shipping release of Revit Building 8."

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Thanks.

-Marty

christopher.zoog51272
2005-03-18, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the clarification Marty.

And awaaaaayyyyyy we go.

marty_rozmanith
2005-03-18, 02:55 PM
No problem Z.
Steve> Can you please make this post a sticky?

One more thing if you are curious about the beta...

If you are a current Revit subscriber, you will have received an email about how to signup for the beta. Aprroval can take up to 48 hours.

All discussion of the beta functionality are under NDA and should be posted on the beta forum.

Thanks!

Michael Coviello
2005-03-18, 02:58 PM
Quick question about the beta. when i try install it prompts to uninstall 6.1 and/or 7.0.
I want to be sure to maintain 7.0 for my current projects.
So the question is: if i choose to remove 6.1 will everything with 7.0 be fine?

christopher.zoog51272
2005-03-18, 03:19 PM
No problem Z.
Steve> Can you please make this post a sticky?

Done......

Scott D Davis
2005-03-18, 04:21 PM
Beta? What Beta? (according to the NDA, a Beta doesn't exist!)

jbalding48677
2005-03-18, 04:39 PM
Quick question about the beta. when i try install it prompts to uninstall 6.1 and/or 7.0.
I want to be sure to maintain 7.0 for my current projects.
So the question is: if i choose to remove 6.1 will everything with 7.0 be fine?
Yes, uninstalling 6.1 will not effect the 7.0 install

david.kingham
2005-03-18, 04:44 PM
This is awesome, I was dying to use the beta on my project but wasn't going to do it without support

Hang on a sec am I reading this correctly? It says it will be compatible with the official release but it doesn't say anything about them supporting us if we have problems with the beta

cosmickingpin
2005-03-18, 07:13 PM
I think my post was the "offending" one. Nobody here (in my office) has signed a NDA so I was not violating anything, but I just wanted to hear it was Supa cool or it was a total drag. That's all, and it sounds like is great super fun...
Thanks for asking the right question Marty.
(I didn't mean to upset the powers on high, won't happen again)

narlee
2005-03-18, 08:43 PM
For me, nothing but trouble getting to the Beta. I get an invitation to do it. I go to the provided link. It needs me to register/update at the Subscription Center (why?). I give it a new password (because my regular Revit/AutoCAD password doesn't fit this particular protocol). It leads me to the Beta Portal, where it promptly rejects my username and/or password.

Autodesk STILL hasn't got Revit users properly on board (Hey, it's only been almost 2 years). And why do they need 3 sets of usernames/passwords plus a beta "passcode" just to review a beta coming out in a few weeks? What an operation!!!

Simplify things, people.

Geof Narlee.

david.kingham
2005-03-18, 10:10 PM
FYI...I contacted support and they will support the beta :)

Gerd Bremer
2005-04-07, 03:45 AM
Yes totally agree be nice to streamline the beta supplies.
But a nice suprise to see all the goodies will keep the midnight oil burning for a while lots to test.

Lets rock

Yman
2005-04-13, 03:28 AM
Where would I go to sign up for beta testing? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks,

Y

janunson
2005-04-13, 01:37 PM
i believe that on http://myfeedback.autodesk.com/ is a place for you to create an account. Once you do, you just have to wait and see if they choose to add you to a beta program or not.