PDA

View Full Version : ^C^C_AI_"Command"

cmason
2005-03-18, 03:53 PM
Does anyone know what the "AI" might stand for in some of my menu commands?

When I upgraded to Acad 2004, it seems like some of my menu items and toolbar buttons don't work, and almost all of them have this "AI" in them.

Some of them that have an "AI" in them still work, this is why I am baffled.

Example:

This one works:
ID_SelAll [Se&lect All Ctrl+A]^C^C_ai_selall

This one does not:
^C^C_ai_molc

Please help,

Mike.Perry
2005-03-18, 05:20 PM
Hi

Check out the following Technical Document on the Autodesk web site under the Knowledge Base section -

ID: TS63522 - Error when invoking command: Unknown command (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?id=2882311&linkID=2475323&siteID=123112)

Have a good one, Mike

cmason
2005-03-21, 01:45 PM
Thanks Mike, you saved me once again. About half of our work stations were having this issue, I copied the "acad.mnl" file to my current menu name, "menu_name.mnl", and shazam! Problem solved after restarting AutoCAD.

(For historical purposes, anyone reading this later should note that I always backup my *.mnu file before loading any menu files. Do not use the ""menu", or "menuload" command without copying your *.mnu file to a safe location. This has saved my bottom many times. Not much fun to start Acad and find that you have no menus, and that you have overwritten your menu file with an empty one, I have done it!)

I don't often have to deal with the intricacies of the whole mnu (mnc mnl mns ect...) files. I forget what each one does. I do edit my menu files though, I have added plenty of good commands to my POP0, and other places.

Thanks again Mike, I have to remember to not only search the AUGI database, but Autodesk too. Just not my instinct anymore. :roll: