PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Card Advice

CADdancer
2005-03-18, 04:24 PM
Hello To All AUGI Members:

Our firm is going to purchase new CAD workstations and it would be appreciated if some of you, based on your experience, could provide some feedback relative to the graphics cards listed below:

1) 128MB PCIe x16 ATI FireGL V3100, Dual VGA or DVI + VGA Capable

2) 128MB PCIe x16 nVidia Quadro FX 1400, Dual DVI or Dual VGA or DVI + VGA

Is any one clearly better than the other or do you know of any problems associated with one card or the other.

If anyone has another suggestion please feel free to let me know the make and model of this card.

Thank you for your cooperation regarding this matter.

Regards,
Vince

robert.1.hall72202
2005-03-18, 06:02 PM
In my experience, I have liked Nvidia video better than ATI. My simple reasoning is that I don't like all the software applications ATI tries to throw at you........for example, every ATI card I have worked with has always installed applications for playing various types of computer media. Ive already got media player and power dvd. Currently I use the Nvidia card mentioned and it works just great. Are they priced closely??? Either one is a good choice.

Mike.Perry
2005-08-21, 10:03 AM
Hi

The following post might be of some interest - RE: Video cards that support multiple monitors (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=172575#post172575)

Have a good one, Mike